Block Captain Job Description
Neighborhood Watch is a citizen’s involvement program which allows you to participate in quality of life areas which make our city a better place to live and work. Neighborhood atch citizen’s are well informed about their neighborhood and the activity within it.
- - Act as the liaison for the block where he or she lives
- - Assist in the communication process
- - To assist in distributing general meeting announcement flyers on their block or other agreed upon area
- - To be responsible for the Block Captain interaction portion of the general meetings
- - To be receptive to the complaints, suggestions, questions or comments of neighbors on their block and to relay those communications to the Neighborhood Watch President, Steering Committee, or Culver City Police Department as appropriate
- - To be part of the phone chain
- - To assist in the preparation of general meetings by attending the Steering Committee meetings
- - To assist in any special functions as scheduled by the Steering Committee including but not limited to the December Holiday Party, 4th of July Picnic and Parade, lawn sign sale, or other projects.